It is a well-known thing that papers are accepted based on importance, innovation and scientific merit. But once they have got published, a nicely prepared title and abstract can move mountains for your work to get found.
If you want to understand what high class editors are looking for in a paper then you have to be careful about certain things. It is not at all easy and especially for initial -stage career researchers.If you are planning to go for International Journals, then it can prove very helpful for you to have a look at the following points.
Titles have to be simple and specific
Whenever you talk about a piece of writing, the title plays a crucial role. It should abridge the originality of your piece or paper and be understandable on the foremost reading. It would be great if your titles are well declarative in nature. It simply means that the titles should make a statement about a thing that is appealing. The following things can help you in this endeavour”
– Always make sure that you give preference to active rather than the passive verbs
– Try to avoid words that are not adding to story
– Stay exact in fetching your message
– Be careful of being extremely self-assured in the titles. It means, go via the whole content and then make a final title. At times, the title talks about just one aspect where it should be neutral to the entire content.
– It would be great if you circumvent question marks. Yes, the titles should present results that too without mocking reader. Moreover, the articles having questioning titles tend to get rejected.
– Just focus on what is original in work
The names of Genus and Species can be included but you have to make sure that they are accompanied by common name of organism.
– It makes sense to avoid puns because they are not usually very helpful. They mostly lead to less citations and slope to make papers unseen to the web searches.
The Area of abstract
It has been noticed that for writing abstracts for International Journals, it is better if people begin with a few general statements to tell about the context, after that they should describe the issue and main outcomes.These must end with a brief summary about what the result add to the previous research.Below are a few points for better performance:
– It is better if you include keywords to make the content more searchable.
– Don’t try to house everything. Stay focused.
– Evade encompassing so much of particularities about methods or techniques
– Don’t use vague abbreviations, acronyms and references to literature and figures.
So, once you have these points in mind, you can have a better outcome out of your International Journals.